Saturday, September 25, 2004
Beaver Creek Snapshot
A snapshot of Beaver Creek (Boone and Polk Counties) will take place on Sept 25, 2004. For more information and to pre-register please contact Steve Witmer (515) 727-7765 or
Posted by FieldCoordinator
Skunk River Navy Dates
I noticed that a couple of announcements regarding Skunk River Navy clean-up dates have been posted on this forum. The complete list of dates is:
11, 18, and 25 September, and 2 October. Participation information:
SRN Participation Information
- All SRN days will begin at 9:00 AM in room 112 Bessey Hall, ISU campus. Be on time or risk being left behind.
- Transportation and lunch will be provided. (If you wish to drive your own vehicle to facilitate departure before we're finished, or provide additional transportation in the event that the ISU vans are full, that's fine)
- You WILL get wet and muddy. Wear shoes (old tennis shoes work very well) and clothes (jeans get very heavy when wet) that you don't mind getting wet and muddy. We will be picking up trash along about 3 miles of river. The walking is sometimes "challenging".
- Bring water to drink.
- Dress for the weather. Unless the water level in the river is too high, we will most likely be going.
- You may want insect repellant and sun screen.
- "Cookies at the Colbert's" will be available at the end of SRN days
- Approximate time of return to campus will be 4-5:00 PM.
- Questions about cancellations, postponements, etc. can be answered by Jim Colbert (294-9330 [office], 232-1325 [home], or ).
- NEW and IMPROVED SRN website: http://www.biology.iastate.edu/SRN/SRN.html
Posted by Jim Colbert
There are no Upcoming Events.